2023 Tucson Comic-Con Scavenger Hunts:
- Epic Scavenger Hunt
- Kids Scavenger Hunt
- Daily Scavenger Hunt (New!)
EPIC SCAVENGER HUNT
The Tucson Comic-Con Epic Scavenger Hunt is back and more Epic than ever with over $150 in prizes available! With over 100 activities to complete including, photos, videos, visiting sponsors and exhibitors, and participating in convention activities, you’ll experience everything Tucson Comic-Con has to offer. For 2023, we will be using the scavenger hunt app Eventzee that will allow all photos and videos to be directly submitted to an approver, speeding up the check-in process. There will be a limit of 50 participants for the Epic Scavenger Hunt in order to guarantee prize availability and there is a $5 due at registration. Codes to participate will be emailed to registered participants after they sign up below or here.
DAILY SCAVENGER HUNT
New for 2023, The Daily Scavenger Hunt consists of 10-15 activities that participants will be able to complete as they experience Tucson Comic-Con. The Daily Scavenger is free to Tucson Comic-Con attendees and is limited to 150 participants each day on a first come, first serve basis. Each day a new Badge Ribbon and Sticker will be awarded as prizes for those who complete the scavenger hunt.
KIDS SCAVENGER HUNT
Returning from 2022, The Kids Scavenger Hunt consists of 10-15 activities that will encourage kids to experience all that Tucson Comic-Con has to offer. The Kids Scavenger Hunt is free for children aged 5-13 and will be limited to the first 200 participants. Each kid who finishes the scavenger hunt will be awarded an exclusive Kids Scavenger Hunt badge ribbon and a prize provided by Diamond Comic Distributors.
Scavenger Hunt Rules
- Each Daily and Kids participant must have their own paper list.
- Those participating in Epic Scavenger Hunt must have their own Eventzee App.
- One set of prizes per verified scavenger hunt list.
- Pics! (or it didn’t happen).
- For Daily and Kids Scavenger Hunts:
- Photos and videos and scavenger hunts are to be shown to Tucson Comic-Con Staff at a check-in booth for all listed hunt activities that don’t have a location specified.
- Stamps are required for all activities that list a specific location Only Tucson Comic-Con staff may sign off on photos/videos.
- For Epic Scavenger Hunt:
- Photos and videos for Epic scavenger hunt must be submitted through the Eventzee App for all listed hunt activities that don’t have a location specified.
- QR code scans are required for all activities that list a specific location.
- For Daily and Kids Scavenger Hunts:
- Cosplay is not Consent.
- Be courteous and ask before taking pictures.
- Cosplayers love it when you ask for their picture but rude behavior or harassment will result in disqualification.
- Be creative. If you can’t find a cosplay of a specific character, find a picture, action figure, mini figure, etc. Be sure to ask permission before photographing any exhibitor’s artwork.
- Tucson Comic-Con staff has the final say on task completions. Don’t worry. We’re pretty generous with what counts.
- Prizes are available while supplies last and have no cash value.
- Check in times:
- Friday 4:00PM to 7:00PM
- Saturday 10:00AM to 6:00PM
- Sunday at 10:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Special Rules for Epic Scavenger Hunt:
- Each item can only be completed once. For example, taking three pictures of people dressed as Deadpool for a Deadpool picture task will be awarded points once, not three times.
- Points are awarded in “Tiers.” There are four tiers you can reach. Reaching a tier is done through the accumulation of points after tasks are accomplished and verified by Tucson Comic-Con staff at the check-in stations throughout the con. Points are cumulative. Prizes progressively increase as you accomplish more tiers.
- If an item counts in multiple categories, it will be awarded points for one category. For example, a photo of the Joker will count for either The Joker or a Batman villain, but not both. Pictures of two different Jokers would count as one for each category.
How do I get my prizes?
Epic Scavenger Hunt:
- The Eventzee App will show that you have reached a tiered point threshold.
- You can bring your device with the app to the Scavenger Hunt booth or Exhibit Managers booth and show them your tier completion for your prizes.
- You can check in once per tier or when you have completed all tiers.
Kids and Daily Scavenger Hunt:
- You can check in at the Scavenger Hunt Booth or at the Exhibitor Managers booth once you have completed the tasks on your list.
- Prizes are awarded upon completion of all tasks.