“Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate Tucson Comic-Con on a fact finding mission of epic proportions. You will be under deep cover as an attendee. We need you to take pictures of the assigned targets, participate in convention activities, and meet up with our agents disguised as exhibitors and perform their secret passcode tasks to receive their mark. As always, should you or any of your Scavenger Hunt team be caught, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self-destruct in 5, 4, 3, …..”
NOTE: Epic Scavenger Hunt forms will be available at the show. Stay tuned for more info!
- One set of prizes per verified scavenger hunt list. Each participant must have their own list. If you are hunting as a team, photos can be used by all teammates provided all participants are in the picture, but each team member must have their own list.
- Pics (or stamps) or it didn’t happen. Photographic evidence is required to be shown to TCC Staff for all photos that don’t have a location specified. Photos are to be shown at all check-in locations. Participating exhibitors may stamp or sign off on their corresponding accomplished tasks on the Scavenger Hunt list. Only TCC staff may sign off on photos.
- Be courteous and ask before taking pictures. Cosplayers love it when you ask for their picture. Rude behavior or harassment will result in disqualification.
- Points are awarded in “Tiers.” There are four tiers you can reach. Reaching a tier is done through the accumulation of points after tasks are accomplished and verified by TCC staff at the check-in stations throughout the con. Points are cumulative. Prizes progressively increase as you accomplish more tiers.
- Verification. You can check in to tally up your points at the Convention Information booths or at the Exhibitor Manager booth. You are encouraged to check in multiple times. You may check in any time until Friday at 7:00PM, Saturday at 6:00PM, and Sunday at 3:00PM. Prizes are awarded for all tiers as you complete them.
- Each item can only be completed once. For example, taking three pictures of people dressed as Deadpool for a Deadpool picture task will be awarded points once, not three times.
- If an item counts in multiple categories, it will be awarded points for one category. For example, a photo of the Joker will count for either The Joker or a Batman villain, but not both. Pictures of two different Jokers would count as one for each category.
- Be creative. If you can’t find a cosplay of a specific character, find a picture, action figure, mini figure, etc. Be sure to ask permission before photographing any exhibitor’s artwork.
- TCC staff has the final say on task completions. Don’t worry. We’re pretty generous with what counts.
- Social media is not required to participate. Some exhibitors have tasks asking to tag or follow them. If you don’t have social media, just let them know and they will provide a different task so they can mark you as complete. Posting photos to social media and tagging exhibitors is highly encouraged. They are helping us, so let’s help them!
- Prizes are available while supplies last and have no cash value. Yeah, really.